One my favourite websites on clean eating has a recipe for a banana bread that I absolutely loved. I tried it for the first time last week and I’ve made it 4 times since. The kids love it too. Here’s the recipe:
WHOLE-WHEAT BANANA BREAD by 100 Days of Real Food
2 ¼ cup whole-wheat flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
3 ripe bananas, mashed
¼ cup plain yogurt
¼ cup honey
⅓ cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix mashed bananas with yogurt, honey, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture until blended. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake large loaf for 40 – 50 minutes or until it comes clean with a toothpick.