You are going to love these cookies. I have found that anything that calls for yogurt turns out great. 🙂 It gives a certain lightness and moisture to everything. If you try these cookies, do let me know what you think about them.
Whole Wheat Coconut Oil Cookies with Yogurt
6 tbsp coconut oil (room temp)
Sweetener to your taste (I used about 3 tbsp maple syrup)
1/2 cup yogurt (or sour cream if you prefer – I’m a yogurt fan 😉
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
– Pre-heat oven to 375*F (~190*C)
– In a bowl beat the coconut oil and sweetener until light and fluffy. Add the egg and yogurt and mix until combined. Add the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and mix until well incorporated. The dough will be wet. Not like typical cookie dough.
– Using a spoon or ice-cream scoop, scoop the dough onto a greased pan or lined with parchment paper.
– Bake the cookies until the edges are brown or until they bounce back when you press lightly on top. About 15-20 min.
– Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool completely on the baking sheet before removing.
Optional: 5 tbsp icing sugar + 1 tsp (or more if you like it more runny) and just drizzle on top of the cookies.