I feel so lucky to have great readers and supporters, such as MidKnit Owl, who nominated me for the Liebster Award. MidKnit Owl is not only one my favourite blogs, but it’s very inspirational and full of brilliant ideas. THANK YOU!
I am not entirely sure how the award works exactly, but here’s my take on it…
Copy/pasted from MidKnit Owl’s post:
The Leibster Award is given by bloggers, to bloggers, and it’s purpose is to highlight blogs with under 200 followers that deserve a look. Encouraging people to visit blogs that others enjoy seems like a great initiative. The rules for the award are pretty straightforward:
1. Post eleven facts about myself
2. Answer the questions given to me by the person who nominated me
3. Invent eleven questions to ask people whom I wish to nominate for the award
4. Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link to them in my post.
5. Go to their blog and tell them.
Here we go:
ELEVEN FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
1. I am originally from Bulgaria and speak Bulgarian, English, a little bit of Russian, a little bit of Serbian and Macedonian.
2. I learned how to knit when I was 3 years old and how to crochet when I was 4. My mom and grandmas taught me.
3. I absolutely love flying. I went to flight school about 8 years ago and I can’t think of any other “school” I’ve ever enjoyed more.
4. I am a runner – hills are my favourite. (go figure!)
5. I am a ski instructor and love every minute of it.
6. I bought my car by the size of its trunk – it had to be big enough to fit my skis.
7. I absolutely hate smoking… anything.
8. I live in gorgeous Vancouver, BC – love everything about it: the mountains, the ocean, the trails, the fact that you can go roller-blading or wind-surfing in the morning and skiing in the afternoon.
9. When I was 5 my grandpa made me a spindle and my grandma taught me how to make yarn from the wool they cut from my grandpa’s sheep.
10. When I was 4, my grandpa taught me how to beat milk to make real butter. Also how to make yogurt and white cheese at home. That also goes for making jams, pickles, compotes, pepper & tomato spreads and how to grow all the food for all these treats right in our garden.
11. I love driving at night.
1. Rain or snow?
I like both. Nothing like a speed run through the rain or a day on the ski slopes.
2. How did you first start knitting and/or crafting?
My mom and grandma were both very crafty and they taught me how to knit and sew when I was a kid.
3. Would you prefer to live somewhere very warm, or somewhere very cold?
If I had to choose between very warm or very cold, I’d go with cold. But I live in Vancouver, BC which to me is the perfect climate.
4. What’s the strangest place you’ve ever knitted/crafted?
On the ferry to Victoria, BC. 😆
5. If you had to invite three historical figures to dinner, who would they be?
Hm… that’s an interesting question. (1) Margaret Thatcher; (2) Princess Diana; (3) Amelia Earhart.
6. What talent would you like to learn?
I’ve always wanted to learn another language.
7. Favourite movie?
Thomas Crown Affair
8. First pet?
Feefee – a super cute little yellow duckling that my mom brought home and he became my best friend.
9. British comedy or US sitcom?
Both. I love Fawlty Towers, Absolutely Fabulous, Monty Python, and anything with John Cleese and Rowan Atkinson. And I also like Spin City, Lipstick Jungle, 3rd Rock from the Sun.
10. If you could go on holiday right this minute, where would you go?
Skiing in Chile and Argentina.
11. Favourite Sunday afternoon activity?
A long run on the trails of the mountain or by the ocean.
MY 11 QUESTIONS FOR NOMINEES
1. What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word “crafts”.
2. If there is one thing you would change about your character, what would it be?
3. Mountain or Beach?
4. Bike or Drive?
5. If you could eat unlimited quantities of one food, what would it be?
6. Cooking at home or Eating at a restaurant?
7. What is the first section of a grocery store you go to?
8. Do you like chocolate?
9. Pastel colours or Bright colours?
10. What is your favourite craft?
11. Tea or Coffee?
The Knit McKinley
Passing Afternoon Knit
Tales of a Raving Knitter
Lace And Yarn
Teaching the Teacher
Kids Heart Real Food
I Capture It